WBJEE 2019 Application Form submission is starting from 3rd week of December 2018 and the WBJEE correction window starts in Last week of January 2019. WBJEE will be conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admissions in Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses. The test will be conducted in the offline mode in the last week of April 2019. Exam announcement will be done along with the release of WBJEE 2019 brochure in the 3rd week of November 2019.
The candidates will be able to fill the application form from 3rd week of December 2019 to 3rd week of January 2019. The forms for WBJEE 2019 are to be filled online. The filled form will be termed as the confirmation page which is to be downloaded and kept safe by all the applicants. It will be required at the time of admissions. The applicants will be able to download the confirmation page until the 3rd week of January 2019.
Table of Contents
WBJEE 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Popularly Known as||WBJEE 2019|
|Organized by||WBJEE Board|
|Exam Type||State Level Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into Architecture, Pharmacy and Engineering courses|
|Exam Mode||ORM mode|
|Age Criteria||17 years as on 31.12.2019*|
|Qualifying Exam||HSC/ 12th or its equivalent examination|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||3rd week of December 2018|
|Exam Date||4th week of April 2019|
|Exam Mode||ORM mode|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total Marks||Mathematics – 100
Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
The WBJEE 2019 exam board will open a correction window for all the applicants so that they can edit any wrong details. All the applicants will be able to make changes in some portions of the application form within the specified time duration; after that, the links will expire and no changes will be allowed on the application form.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Dates
|WBJEE Official notification released on||3rd week of August, 2018|
|Publication of WBJEE information brochure and complete details||2nd week of November, 2018|
|Application Form available on official website||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||3rd week of January 2019|
|Window for WBJEE 2019 Application Form correction by candidates||Last week of January 2019|
|Download admit card of WBJEE 2019 from official website||2nd week of April 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Exam Date||4th week of April 2019|
|WBJEEB will release provisional answer keys||May, 2019|
|Challenging of answer keys||May, 2019|
|Display of final official answer keys||May, 2019|
|Declaration of results||1st week of June, 2019|
The following post will be composed of details on WBJEE 2019 Details such as Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, and Exam Pattern. As the exam has not yet been announced, the exact dates and fee details etc are not mentioned here. They will be updated with the release of official notification.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
The Application Form will be released online on the official exam portal. All the candidates will have to login to the official website to find the link labeled “Apply Online”. We shall host the link here as well. Then they have to complete the form submission as per the following steps.
- Follow the link for “New Registration” and begin the online form filling.
- Before you start with the online form filling keep the following documents (as applicable) and details ready to help you in application form submission:
Domicile Certificate (Soft Copy)
Income Certificate (Soft Copy)
PwD Certificate (Soft Copy)
Category Certificate (Soft Copy)
Left-Hand Thumb Impression
Signature (Soft Copy)
Mark Sheet of Class X/Admit Card/Registration Certificate
Latest Coloured Passport Sized Photo
A valid Email ID
Class XII Mark Sheet
- To begin filling the online form of WBJEE 2019 the candidates will be required to submit the following details:
Date of Birth
Address for Correspondence
- Once these details are submitted, the application number for WBJEE 2019 will be generated which will be unique for every applicant and will be used as a reference for all the future communication.
- Now the candidates will be asked to log in using the Application number and Password (submitted in the previous step) for the next step.
- Next, the candidates will have to submit the other details such as academic details of Class X and XII (if available), permanent address, course choice, domicile and category details etc.
- In the next step, the candidates will be required to upload the scanned images of their signature and passport sized photo. The online forms for WBJEE 2019 that are received without the scanned images of photo and signature will be rejected.
- The format of both of the images should be JPG or JPEG. Size of the scanned photo should be 10 to 100 KB and of the signature should be 3 to 30 KB.
- In the next step, the candidates will be required to submit the form fee via the online or offline mode. The exam fee is expected to be around INR 500.
- The offline fee remission can be done via the Allahabad Bank Challan which can be downloaded from the official website. Once the payment has been confirmed at the bank’s end, the next step for WBJEE 2019 form submission can be taken.
- In the offline fee remission, the candidates will be required to submit the transaction number of the challan.
- The online fee can be remitted via the Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The candidates should keep the proof of fee remission (offline) safe till the admissions of WBJEE 2019 are over as it will be required at the time of counselling.
- The candidates who submit the fee online will be able to download the confirmation page instantly. The confirmation page will be a proof of the online form filling.
- The candidates submitting the offline fee will have to log in again and download their confirmation page. The confirmation page should be kept safe and secure till the admissions are over.
- The candidates should note that once they have submitted the form, they will NOT be allowed to change the Date of Birth, Name, Father’s Name, Gender and Mother’s Name in any circumstance. Hence, they should fill them carefully.
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE Exam
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- The candidates’ age should be 17 years on 31st December 2019.
- The exam board has not specified any upper age limit for the exam.
- Candidates with the date of birth 1st January 2003 or late are NOT eligible for WBJEE 2019.
- The candidates wishing to take admissions in Marine Engineering should not be more than 25 years as on 31st December 2019.
- All the applicants must have taken and passed the Class XII exam (qualifying exam) from a recognized University or Board.
- The compulsory subject combination to be eligible for WBJEE 2019 exam is Physics and Math with any ONE of Computer Applications / Computer Science / Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology.
- The candidates applying for Pharmacy courses will have to take the Class XII exam with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and any one of the Math / Computer Science / Computer Application / Biology / Biotechnology.
- The candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in aggregate (3 subjects mentioned above). This percentage has been kept at 40% for the candidates of ST / SC / OBC and PwD categories.
- Apart from the above-mentioned subjects, the candidates must have passed the English exam of Class XII with at least 30% marks.
- As per the norms of eligibility, the candidates that are going to take the Class XII exam in 2019 are also eligible for the exam. Such candidates will be required to submit their exam results at the time of admissions.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2019
- The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Total marks will be 200.
- There will be 155 questions in total in the exam.
- There will be different categories in the question paper in which different questions will have different weightage of marks.
- The candidates will have to mark the answers on the OMR sheet using the Black/Blue ball point pen only.
- Number of sections in WBJEE 2019 question paper will be three, namely – Physics, Math and Chemistry.
- Their detailed break-up of the questions is as follows:
|Papers||Subjects||Total Questions||Category-I (1 marks)||Category-II
|Category-III (2 marks)||Total Marks|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
- There will be NO negative marking in Category 3.
- The Category 1 and Category 2 will have a 0.25 negative marking.
How to download WBJEE 2019 Admit Card?
WBJEE 2019 Hall Ticket will be issued on the official website of WBJEE i.e (www.wbjeeb.in) on 12th April 2019. The candidate who has registered for this exam can download admit card directly from the official website. In this section, you can know about the step to download admit card of WBJEE Exam. Please note to download the WBJEE hall ticker, the candidate needs to enter Application Number and Password. It is mandatory for the candidate to carry the admit card print out on the day of the examination which is on 22nd April 2019.
Steps to Download WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
The step by steps process to download the admit card of WBJEE 2019 is given below:
Step 1 – Firstly, click on the direct link which will be provided on this page to download the WBJEE Admit Card 2019 as soon as it is will be available. Then, the window as displayed below will open.
Step 2 – The candidates will have to enter Application Number, Password, and Security Pin in the given space.
Step 3 – Submit the details by clicking on “Sign In” button. On submitting the details, the admit card will appear on the screen.
Lastly, the candidates should download and take a print out of the admit card.’
Details mentioned on the WBJEE Admit Card 2019
The WBJEE 2019 Hall Ticket consist of the following details:
- Application Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Signature of the Candidate
- Centre of the Examination
- Examination schedule
- Instructions for the Candidates