MHT CET 2019 Engineering: Application Form, Correction, Admit Card
MHT CET 2019 application form submission starts from 3rd week of February 2019. MHT CET will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra for admissions in various Engineering Colleges in the State. The test is expected to be conducted in the 2nd week of May 2019. All the interested candidates will be able to apply for the exam via the application forms which will be released online. The candidates are advised to apply for the exam after confirming their eligibility for MHT CET 2019; as the ineligible candidates will be rejected.
MHT CET 2019 will be conducted in offline or pen and paper-based mode. The admit cards will be released online in the month of April 2019 (last week). As per the regulations of DTE, all the applicants will be required to submit their Aadhaar Card details in the online application form. Hence, all the candidates should get their Aadhaar Card ready before filling the online form.
Table of Contents
MHT CET 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test|
|Popularly Known as||MHT CET 2019 Engineering|
|Organized by||DTE Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||State Level Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into the first year of full-time degree courses in engineering & technology, pharmacy, Pharm.D & agriculture courses.|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper-based|
|Age Criteria||No Age Limit|
|Qualifying Exam||HSC/ 12th or its equivalent examination|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||3rd week of February 2019|
|Exam Date||2nd week of May 2019|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test mode|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
The following post will comprise of details on MHT CET 2019, the online application form, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern. As the exam has not yet been announced, the necessary updates regarding the exam dates and fee etc will be made after the official announcement.
Before we proceed with the other details on MHT CET 2019, let us go through the new things that have been introduced by the DTE in the entrance exam.
- In the entrance exam, 20% weightage will be given to Class XI syllabus and 80% will be given to Class XII marks.
- Thereby, the question paper will approximately have 10 questions from Class XI and 40 questions from Class XII. The questions in the entrance exam will be application based.
- As per the latest regulations, the difficulty level of MHT CET 2019 will be equal to JEE Main.
MHT CET 2019 Engineering Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Date (Tentative)|
|MHT CET 2019 Application Form Availability||3rd week of February 2019|
|Last Date to fill the Application Form||4th week of March 2019|
|Online Registration start (with late fee of Rs. 500)||March to April 2019|
|MHT CET 2019 Admit Card Availability (Through Login)||April to May 2019|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|Provisional Answer Key Publish||4th week of May 2019|
|Online submission of objections on Question Paper/Answer key||4th week of May 2019|
|Scanned OMR Answer Sheets Availability||4th week of May 2019|
|MHT CET 2019 Result Declaration||1st week of June 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of June 2019|
MHT CET 2019 Application Form
The application forms will be released online on the official website of DTE Maharashtra. All the candidates should fill and submit the applications online after confirming their eligibility for the exam as the ineligible candidates will be rejected and the form fee is non-refundable.
The steps to complete the online form submission are as follows:
- Log in to the official website of MHT CET 2019 and find the link labeled as “Apply Online”.
- The link will be updated here once the exam has been announced. In the next step, the candidates will be asked to complete the online registration in which they will be required to submit the following details:
Academic Details etc.
- All the candidates should fill the details correctly so as to avoid any error and subsequent form rejection. The rejected candidates will NOT be issued admit cards.
- After the initial form submission, the candidates will be sent password on the registered Email ID and Mobile Number. Then they have to log in using the username and password to complete the next step of online registration for MHT CET 2019.
- In the next step the candidates will be asked to submit the details such as academic details of Class X, Class XI and Class XII (if available); exam centre choice, course choice, and address for correspondence etc.
- Finally, the candidates will be asked to submit the form fee via the online or offline mode. The expected fee for General Category candidates is INR 800 and for the candidates of reserved category, disabled candidates are INR 600.
- The offline fee remission will be done via the Bank Challan and the online fee remission can be done via Credit/Debit Card or Netbanking.
- The candidates should note that without the fee remission, the form submission for MHT CET 2019 will not be complete.
- Finally, the candidates will be asked to verify the details submitted in the form and then press the SUBMIT button.
The completely filled forms should be printed out and kept safe by all the candidates in order to be produced at the time of admissions. Apart from that, the proof of offline fee remission (the copy of bank challan) should also be kept safe by all the candidates.
MHT CET Application Fee 2018
|General Category candidates from Maharashtra, Outside Maharashtra and J&K Migrant Candidates||Rs. 800|
|SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra||Rs. 600|
Eligibility Criteria for MHT CET Exam
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII or any other equivalent exam (qualifying exam) from a recognized Board or University.
- The compulsory subjects for the exam are Physics, Chemistry, and Math. Optional subjects are Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Biology.
- It is obligatory for all applicants to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam to be eligible for MHT CET 2019.
- This percentage has been reduced to 45% for the PwD and Backward Classes.
- The candidates must have attained the minimum age decided by the DTE by 1st October 2019.
The candidates should note that they will not be considered for admissions if they don’t satisfy the norms of eligibility. And even if the ineligible candidates appear in the exam and qualify it, they will be detected at the time of admissions (document verification round) and will be rejected.
Other updates or changes in the eligibility norms will be mentioned with the official announcement of the entrance exam.
MHT CET 2019 Syllabus
Class 11th Topics
- Refraction of light
- Magnetic effects of currents
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Electronic Devices
Class 12th Topics
- Scalar and vectors
- Friction in solids and liquids
- Ray optics
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Communication Systems
Class 11th Topics
- Some concepts of chemistry
- Redox reactions
- Nature of chemical bonds
- S-block (Alkalie and alkaline earth elements) elements
- States of matter: Gases and liquids
- Surface chemistry
- Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry
Class 12th Topics
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemical Kinetics
- Isolation of Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Class 11th Topics
- Trignometric functions
- Factorisation formulae
- Circle and conic sections
- Relations and functions
- Sequence and series
- Trigonometric functions of compound angles
- Straight lines
Class 12th Topics
- Relations and Functions
- Linear Programming
- Vectors and 3-D Geometry
Botany & Zoology Syllabus
Class XI (Botany) Topics
- Diversity in organisms
- Plant water relations
- Plant growth and development
- Biochemistry of cells
- Mineral nutrition
Class XI (Zoology) Topics
- Organization of cells
- Human nutrition
- Animal tissues
- Human respiration
Class XII Topics
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and its Applications
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2019
Exam Paper: There will be TWO papers; namely – Math (Paper 1) and Physics and Chemistry (Paper 2).
No. of question: There will be 50 questions in each section. Hence, Paper 1 will have 50 questions and Paper 2 will have 100 questions. Every question in the Math section will carry 2 marks and in Paper 2 will carry 1 mark. Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be of 100 marks each.
Time Duration: Each Paper in MHT CET 2019 will be 1.30 hours.
Language: Paper 1 will be held in English language and Paper 2 will be held in Hindi, English and Marathi languages.
Marking Scheme: No negative marking.
|Paper||Syllabus||No. of Question||Total marks||Marks Per Question|
|Paper 3||Biology (Botany)||50||100||1|
MHT CET 2019 Books
Books for MHT CET Biology (zoology and Botany):
- Biology Textbook for Class 11 by NCERT
- Biology Textbook for Class 12 by NCERT
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II by Trueman Book Company
Books for MHT CET Physics:
- Physics Text Book Part 1 for Class 12 by NCERT
- Physics Text Book Part – 2 for Class 12 by NCERT
- Physics TextBook Part – 2 for Class 11 by NCERT
- Physics Textbook Part – 1 for Class 11 by NCERT
- Objective NCERT Question Bank for NEET & JEE – Physics (Class 11 & 12) by MTG editorial board
Books for MHT CET Chemistry:
- Chemistry Textbook Part – 1 for Class 11 by NCERT 817450494X
- Chemistry Textbook Part – 2 for Class 11 by NCERT 8174505350
- Chemistry Textbook Part – 1 for Class 12 by NCERT 8174506489
- Chemistry Textbook Part – 2 for Class 12 by NCERT 8174507167
- Objective NCERT Question Bank for NEET & JEE – Chemistry (Class 11 & 12) by MTG Learning
- Media Private Limited
MHT CET Books for Mathematics Subject:
- Mathematics Textbook for Class XI by NCERT
- Mathematics Textbook for Class 12 – Part I by NCERT
- Mathematics Textbook for Class 12 Part – 2 by NCERT
- Objective Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced) and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations
- (Set of 2 Volumes) by Dhanpat Rai Publications Private Limited
- Objective Approach to Mathematics by Arihant
MHT CET 2019 Admit Card Download
MHT 2019 admit card download link will get activated in the last week of April 2019 and will end till 1st week of May 2019. Candidates can download their Maharashtra CET 2019 hall ticket through online mode only. Those candidate who has successfully registered for MHTCET Exam are eligible to download admit card. The admit card will consist details like Candidate’s name and signature and photograph, Candidate’s roll number and registration number, Exam Centre and Exam Date.
How to download MHT CET Hall Ticket 2019?
Step 1 – Candidate needs to visit the official website of MHT CET 2019 and enter their application number and password.
Step 2 – The “MHT CET Hall Ticket 2019” Download button will appear in front of the screen. Click and download your admit card.
Step 3 – We would request to verify all your submitted details and ensure it is correct. If all good, then take print out of your admit card.