MAT 2019 official notification will by 2nd week of December 2018 by All India Management Association. This MBA Exam is conducted 4 times a year. MAT 2019 application form starts from 3rd week of December 2018 and will end by 2nd week of February 2019. MAT exam is a standardized test conducted to screen candidates for admissions in management courses. It is considered a national management test and is approved by the ministry of HRD. Management aptitude test i.e. MAT is continued to be your passport to more than 600 business schools in the nation. This test is usually scheduled for the month of February every year. MAT score is accepted by almost all the management institutes in the country and thus it is considered as the largest test of its kind in the nation.
Table of Contents
MAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Popularly Known as||MAT 2019|
|Organized by||All India Management Association|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to students in management courses such as MBA and PGDM|
|Type of Exam||MBA Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||3rd week of December 2018|
|The issue of admit card||4th week of January 2019|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice type|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
MAT is hosted by All India Management Association i.e. AIMA so as to screen the candidates for reputed business schools in the country. This exam is usually conducted four times in a year i.e. February, May, September, and December. It is to be noted that MAT scores are valid for one year only. Get here the in-depth knowledge of application form, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern.
MAT 2019 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Starting of MAT 2019 application form||3rd week of December 2018|
|Closing date of online registration (PBT)||Last week of January 2019|
|Closing date of online registration (CBT)||2nd week of February 2019|
|The issue of MAT admit card 2019||4th week of January 2019|
|Date of Exam (PBT)||1st week of February 2019|
|Date of Exam (CBT)||3rd week of February 2019|
|Declaration of MAT 2019 result||Last week of February 2019|
MAT 2019 Application Form
The application form of MAT 2019 is expected to be released in the month of January 2019. In order to apply for the same, the candidates need to follow five essential steps. These steps are mentioned here in full detail for the candidates’ sake of convenience.
Step 1: Complete the Registration Process:
- New candidates need to click the official websit of MAT and click on the tab for new registration. The official link will be mentioned here soon after its availability.
- Enter valid email id, date of birth and other required details so as to create a login account.
- Press the ‘submit button’. The candidates should remember that information once entered in the registration form can never be changed or modified after wards.
- After completing the registration process, the confirmation will also be sent on your entered email id.
- The aspirants will then complete the further application process by entering their login credentials such as email id and date of birth.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form:
- Next step is to enter the details in the application form such as full name, gender, qualifications, percentage etc. Since your eligibility will be checked based on the details entered by you thus be careful while filling MAT 2019 Application Form.
- After entering the requisite details, click on the ‘SAVE’ button for the final submission.
- In case, you need to alter the entered information, you can enter your login credentials and make the necessary changes.
Step 3: Uploading Images
- The third step is to upload your photograph and signature. Make sure that your photo should be recent and has no harsh shadows. The image should be in .jpg or .jpeg format only. Size of the photograph should not be more than 75 kb and less than 20 kb.
- Photos with caps, hats and dark glasses will not be acceptable. Also, if you wear glasses in the photo then make sure that there are no reflections.
- While uploading signature, be sure that file should not exceed 50kb and not less than 5 kb. Sign on white paper only with a black ink pen and then scan the signature area.
- It should be noted that this signature will be mentioned on your admit card and if it does not match with the signature on your answer sheet then your candidature ship will be cancelled immediately thus be careful while signing. The signature should be in .jpg or .jpeg format only otherwise it will not be accepted by the system.
Step 4: Make Payment
- Payment for MAT 2019 Application Form can be made through online mode via debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- It should be noted that once the payment has been made, you will not be allowed to alter any of the entered information.
Step 5: View Application
- This is the last step of the application process in which the candidate can view the application form and take the print out of the same.
- Keep this print out safe and secure for future.
MAT Application Fee:
- The candidate has to pay Rs 1500 (inclusive of 18% GST) through online mode so as to complete the application process.
Eligibility Criteria for MAT MBA Exam
In order to apply for this national level entrance examination, it is imperative for the candidates to go through eligibility criteria first. The eligibility guidelines for MAT 2019 are mentioned here.
- According to the guidelines, the candidate who is graduated in any discipline is eligible to apply for this examination.
- Apart from this, final year students can also apply. However, the aspirants need to submit the documents as a proof of completion of graduation within the prescribed period of time.
- Usually, there is a minimum percentage requirement in graduation but it depends on the university or institute. For this, you need to refer to the prospectus of that business school in which you are interested in applying.
- No age limit is mentioned by the official authority i.e. All India management association.
MAT Exam Pattern 2019
Before appearing in the exam, it is suggested to see through exam pattern first so as to know some of the essential features. This exam pattern primarily comprises the mode of the exam, time duration, number of questions, marking scheme and lot more details. MAT 2019 Exam Pattern is described here for the candidates’ sake of convenience.
Mode of Exam:
The official authority i.e. AIMA will organize MAT 2019 in both online as well as offline mode. The candidates can choose between computer based test and paper based test as according to their convenience.
2 hours and 30 minutes shall be given to the candidates for completing this entrance examination, it should be noted that no extra time will be provided under any circumstance and you have to complete the test within the given period of time.
Type of Exam:
MAT is objective in nature in which 4 different alternatives are given and the candidate has to choose the right one.
Number of Questions:
Like always, it is expected that MAT 2019 will contain 200 questions in total. There will be five sections in the exam namely Data analysis and sufficiency, language comprehension, intelligence and critical reasoning, mathematical skills and Indian and Global environment. Each section comprises of 40 questions.
- One mark will be allotted for each correct answer which means the overall test will be of total 200 marks.
- As negative marking is associated thus the candidates need to choose the answer wisely. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong question.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions||Time (in min)|
|III||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|IV||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
MAT 2019 Admit Card Details
MAT 2019 admit card link will be activated by the 4th week of January 2019. Only those candidate who has registered MAT 2019 exam successfully can able to download admit card.
The candidates can download their hall ticket through official website by entering their application no., email id, and mobile no.
MAT 2019 Hall ticket can only be downloaded through online mode. The officials do not send the hard copy of the admit card to any candidate.