KCET 2019: Application Form, Exam Date, Admit Card
KCET 2019 is expected to be held in the 3rd week of April 2019. The exams authority has not released the official notification for KCET Exam 2019. KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test which is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority for admissions in various undergraduate courses in the colleges across the state.
As soon as the official notifications are out, we will update the exact exam schedule and other details here. Till then, the candidates can find the other details on the exam in the following sections.
Table of Contents
Karnataka CET 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Popularly Known as||Karnataka CET 2019|
|Organized by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Administered by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Exam Purpose||Admission in the first year of engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses.|
|Type of Exam||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||4th week of January 2019|
|Application Correction Window starts from||March 2019|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper-based mode in OMR pattern.|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Answering Mode||Only Blue/Black ball point pen to answer|
KCET 2019 Admission Courses
The test will be held for admissions in the following undergraduate courses:
- Engineering, Horticulture, Sericulture, Fisheries, Agri Marketing, Food Science and Technology, Dairy Technology, Home Sciences, Forestry, Unani and Ayurvedic Medicine and Pharmacy Courses etc.
- The admissions in medical and dental courses will be done on the basis of marks secured in NEET UG.
- The admissions in Architecture Courses will be done on the basis of performance in JEE Paper – 2 or NATA.
KCET 2019 Exam Dates
|Exam Event||Important Date|
|The release of KCET 2019 Official Notification||January 2019|
|Start dates for KCET 2019 Application Form||January 2019 – February 2019|
|Application Fee Payment Deadline||February 2019|
|Availability of KCET 2019 Admit Card||April 2019|
|KCET 2019 Exam date||April 2019|
|The announcement of KCET 2019 Results||May 2019|
|Commencement of Counselling Process||June 2019|
KCET 2019 Application Form – Online Process
The Application Forms will be released online. The forms are expected to be released in the last week of January 2019 and the form submission has to be completed by the last week of February 2019. The candidates are advised to first confirm their eligibility for the exam and only then apply for the same. Once the candidate has filled and submitted the application form, despite being ineligible for KCET 2019, he or she will not be entitled to fee refund etc.
- The application forms will be released online and all the steps are to be completed online.
- There will be no other mode of form submission for Karnataka CET 2019.
- To begin the application process, the candidates are required to log in to the official portal.
- They will find a link for “New Registration” which will take them to the online form.
- The candidates will have to fill the details such as name, gender, date of birth, address, contact information etc.
- After submitting the details, the candidates will be asked to create their online account which will be used till the result declaration and admissions via KCET 2019 Exam.
- Once the candidates have submitted the personal information, their User ID and Application Number will be sent on the Email ID or Contact Number provided by them in the previous step.
- The next step will comprise of submission of other information such as:
Qualifying Exam Details
Exam Centre Choice etc.
- Then the candidates will be asked to submit the details of their academic performance in Class X and XII exams.
- The next step in form submission process for KCET 2019 will involve uploading of the scanned images of their signature, photograph, left-hand thumb impression and parent’s signature.
- The next step will require them to complete the fee remission by the mode of their choice and convenience. Once the transaction is complete, the candidates will be allotted a transaction number which should be saved till the completion of admission process.
- The KCET 2019 exam authority has not yet released the exact form fee, hence, the expected fee details have been mentioned in the next section.
- Fee Details:
SC/ST – INR 500
GEN/OBC – INR 650
Candidates passing Class XII exam from any state other than Karnataka – INR 750
- The fee for KCET 2019 will be different for the candidates with NRI status which will be intimated as soon as the exam has been announced.
Correction of KCET 2019 Application Form
Following we have given important points about KCET 2019 Correction procedure:
Karnataka CET 2019 Correction window is a final opportunity to make the correction in your application form. This process is conducted through online mode only.
Through this facility, the candidate can only edit limited information present in the application form of KCET 2019.
This correction facility can be used by those candidates who have successfully registered and paid application fees.
There will be no other chance for editing/correcting the Karnataka CET application form will be given to the candidates afterward.
KCET 2019 Syllabus Details
In this section, we have given detail information about the syllabus of KCET 2019 Exam along with their relevant KCET 2019 sample question papers.
KCET Mathematics Syllabus
KCET Chemistry Syllabus
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- Structure of atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter- Gases and Liquids
- Redox reactions
- s-block elements
- Some p-block elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles & Techniques
- Environmental chemistry
- Solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic acids and Ethers
- Biomolecules and polymers
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
KCET Physics Syllabus
- Physical world
- Units and Measurement
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a plane
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy, and power
- System of particles and rotational motion
- Mechanical properties of solids
- Mechanical properties of fluids
- Thermal properties of matter
- Kinetic theory
- Oscillations and waves
- Electric charges and fields
- Electrostatic potential and capacitance
- Current electricity
- Moving charges and magnetism
- Magnetism and matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Ray optics and optical instruments
- Wave optics
- Dual nature of radiation and matter
- Atoms and nuclei
- Semiconductor electronics
- Communication systems
KCET Biology Syllabus
Eligibility Criteria for KCET Exam
The candidates wishing to apply for the exam are advised to first confirm their eligibility for the same and only then fill the forms. The ineligible candidates will NOT be considered for admissions irrespective of their marks in the exam.
- The Karnataka state residents, NRI students and the migrants of J&K are eligible for the exam.
- The candidates must have attained the age of 17 years by 31st December of the year of admission. The reserved category candidates will be given an age relaxation of 3 to 4 years.
- The candidates are required to pass the Class XII exam with a minimum percentage of 50% (GEN) or 40% (OBC, SC and ST).
- The candidates that are going to take the Class XII Exam in 2019 will also be considered eligible for KCET 2019.
Now we shall mention the course-wise eligibility criteria for KCET 2019 Exam.
- The candidates must have passed Class XII exam with Math as a compulsory subject and must have obtained at least 50% marks in the same. The reserved category candidates must obtain at least 40% marks.
B.V.Sc. and A.H:
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII with subject combination of PCB and English.
- The aggregate marks in these 4 subjects must be at least 50% (GEN) and 40% (reserved category) in order to be eligible for KCET 2019.
Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy, Naturopathy, and Yoga:
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII exam with English and PCM as the compulsory subjects.
- The minimum passing marks are 50% for General Category and 40% for the reserved category as per the eligibility norms for KCET Exam 2019.
B.H.Sc. and Sc (Agri and Forestry):
- The candidate must have taken and passed the Class XII Exam with PCB or PCM.
- The minimum pass percentage will be mentioned with the release of official notification.
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII exam with the subject combination of PCM or PCB with a minimum pass percentage of 45% (GEN) or 40% (Reserved Category).
Further details on the eligibility norms will be updated once the KCET 2019 exam has been announced.
KCET Exam Pattern 2019
Exam Section: KCET 2019 will have 4 sections namely – Physics, Math, Chemistry and Kannada Language (if Applicable).
Type of Question: Every paper will have 60 MCQs which are to be answered in 80 minutes.
Marking Scheme: Every right answer will fetch ONE mark and there will be NO penalty or NEGATIVE MARKING for the wrong answers.
Marks: Hence, every section will be of 60 marks which makes the KCET 2019 of 180 marks. The Kannada language test will be of 50 marks and will have 50 MCQs. The exam duration will be 80 minutes.
- The exact exam dates and other details such as fee, eligibility, and links for form submission will be updated with the release of official notification.
- KCET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode.
- There will be no other mode of form submission other than the online mode.
KCET 2019 Admit Card Download Process
The candidate has successfully registered for KCET 2019 exam would be able to download admit card. They can download Karnataka CET 2019 Admit Card through online mode at the official website.
Following we have given steps to download KCET Hall Ticket 2019:
Step 1: The candidate needs to visit the official website of Karnataka CET. Then they have to click on the KCET admit card 2018 download link
Step 2: Candidate can log-in through their KCET 2018 application number and Date of Birth. The admit card will be displayed on the screen
Step 3: Verify all the details mention in your Admit Card and take print out for future references.