Karnataka PGCET 2019 application form submission will start from the 3rd week of May 2019. Karnataka PGCET Exam is expected to be conducted in the month of the 1st week of August 2019 so as to offer admissions in the postgraduate courses. It is organized by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) every year for the eligible and deserving students. The scores of this exam are helpful in taking admission in universities and self-financing colleges in Karnataka. Before heading towards the application for and other admission formalities, make sure that you are satisfying all eligibility clauses.
Table of Contents
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Popularly Known as||Karnataka PGCET 2019|
|Organized by||Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into MBA/ MCA/ M.Arch/ M.Tech/ M.E and lateral entry into MCA course|
|Type of Exam||MBA Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||3rd week of May 2019|
|The issue of admit card||4th week of June 2019|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice type|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
The postgraduate common entrance test will be organized as per the schedule released by the official authority. This is an offline examination and shall be organized in pen – pencil mode. The answer key will be published by the exam authority within a few days. If the candidate has any objection in the same then he can contact the authorities with valid justification. The results of Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam shall be released soon after the entrance examination and the qualified candidates shall be called for the further selection procedure.
Different merit list will be prepared for different PG courses by taking the scores of this entrance exam into consideration. If you want to get the complete details regarding the application form, eligibility criteria, and test pattern then scroll down the page and read this article.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Karnataka PGCET 2019 Application Form Availability Date||3rd week of May 2019|
|Last Date for Form Filling||1st week of June 2019|
|Karnataka PGCET 2019 Admit Card Releasing Date||4th week of June 2019|
|Date of Exam||1st week of July 2019|
|Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result Declaration Date||2nd week of July 2019|
|Counselling Start Date||1st week of September 2019|
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Application Form
KEA will release Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Application Form in the online mode probably in the month of May 2019 and the students have to fill the same as accordingly. Application form in no other mode shall be accepted by the authorities. The applicants need to enter only genuine information in the form as wrong details will lead to the direct disqualification. The registration process is needed to be completed on time as the late forms are liable to be rejected.
The candidates can fill the application form either by visiting the KEA official website or by using the direct link which will be mentioned here in the post soon after its availability. The registration procedure for Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam is described here.
- The candidates first have to enter the required information in the application form such as:
Course applied for
Date of Birth
Other personal details
Choice of test city center
Contact information etc
- Make sure that entered information is correct and accurate as these details will be used by the Karnataka examination authority till the end of the admission procedure.
- You’ll not be able to change the furnished details once after the final submission of the form.
Once you are done with adding details in Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam form, now the candidates have to read the declaration part carefully and click on “I Agre” button for the final submission of the form. This is the last time make any editing or modification in the form as once you have clicked the declaration part, you’ll be unable to make any alterations in the same.
- The application form is treated as incomplete without the payment of the registration fee and thus you have to remit the fee of Rs 650 (Rs 500 for reserved categories). This payment can be done through Bank Challan mode. It is important to note that this fee is non-refundable as well as non –transferable. This step generally completes the Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam registration process.
- The applicants are then advised to print the application form and keep it safe and secure for the future reference.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It is important to go through the eligibility criteria first so as to ascertain your eligibility for the Exam of Karnataka PGCET 2019. The candidate should know that his eligibility shall be checked at each and every stage of admission and thus he is advised to apply for this exam only and only if he is fulfilling the eligibility clauses. Read these necessary and terms and conditions here and then take a step forward towards the form filling procedure.
- A student must have passed his bachelor degree with minimum 3 years duration in any stream from recognized university or college. He must have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% marks for SC/ ST candidates).
- Applicants who are in the final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply for Karnataka PGCET 2019. But such candidates will have to produce their provisional qualifying certificate before the final admission.
- Those candidates who want to apply for part-time MBA must be working in an organization which situated at the radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which they are seeking admission.
- These conditions are applicable to each and every participating candidate and are needed to be satisfied.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern showcases the virtual image of an entrance test and renders important information related to its critical elements such as the mode and type, marking the trend, time duration, the number of sections, distribution of questions etc. Read this test pattern here and then start preparing as accordingly.
Mode: Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam will be organized in pen paper based mode in which the candidates need to mark their answers in the OMR sheet with blue or black ballpoint pen.
Type: The exam comprises multiple choice questions in which the students need to choose the most probable answer to fetch marks.
Time Duration: The applicants will get 150 minutes to complete the examination. No extra time shall be allotted to any candidate under any situation.
Sections: The exam will be divided into 4 sections namely:
- Proficiency in the English Language
- General Knowledge
- Test of reasoning and general intelligence
- Quantitative Analysis
The Number of questions: The exam comprises 100 MCQs in total
As 1 mark shall be granted for each correct answer and thus the entire paper will be of 100 marks.
The concept of negative marking is not applicable in Karnataka PGCET Exam 2019 and thus the students can attempt the question freely. More than one answer shall be treated as the wrong one and no marks shall be given for the same.