IPU CET 2019: Application Form, Exam Dates, Admit Card
IPU CET 2019 is a combined entrance test which will be organized by the IP University for admissions in various courses; in all the colleges. The test is expected to be conducted in the 3rd week of May 2019. The tests for admissions in B. Tech. (other courses) and B. Tech. in Biotechnology will be held on different dates. The applications will be released online only and are expected to be available in the February 2019. The form fee for IPU CET 2019 will be around INR 1000. As the official notification is yet to be released, the dates and other details are mentioned as expected ones. As soon as the exam is announced, the details will be updated accordingly.
Table of Contents
IPU CET 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Popularly Known as||IPU CET 2019|
|Organized by||IPU university|
|Exam Type||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Exam Purpose||Admission intovarious UG, PG and other courses in the field of engineering, management, law, computer applications, medical, nursing, etc.|
|Exam Mode||ORM (pen and paper based)|
|Exam Mode||ORM and Computer-based test|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Negative Marking||One mark will be deducted for wrong answer|
The online form of IPU CET 2019 will comprise of two parts. One part will require the candidates to submit their personal information and academic details and the other will be for submitting the course choices and remission of the fee. Before the candidates apply for IPU CET 2019, they should confirm their eligibility for the exam as per the norms released by the University. The ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected. Result declaration will be done around the last week of May 2019.
The following article will comprise details on the application form, eligibility norms and exam pattern which shall offer an overall idea of the exam.
IPU CET 2019 Exam Dates
|Courses||Last date to submit the application||Exam date||Result announcement|
|B.Tech||1st week of May 2019||2nd week of May 2019||4th week of May 2019|
|B.Sc Nursing||2nd week of April 2019||4th week of April 2019||1st week of May 2019|
|BBA||1st week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019||2nd week of June 2019|
|BCA||1st week of May 2019||2nd week of May 2019||4th week of May 2019|
|B.Ed||1st week of May 2019||2nd week of May 2019||4th week of May 2019|
|LLB||1st week of May 2019||3rd week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019|
|MBBS/BDS||–||Through NEET UG||–|
|MBA (IT)||2nd week of April 2019||3rd week of April 2019||1st week of May 2019|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||1st week of May 2019||3rd week of May 2019||4th week of May 2019|
|MBA||1st week of May 2019||Last week of May 2019||2nd week of June 2019|
IPU CET 2019 Application Form
The application forms will be released on the official website of the exam and all the candidates will have to complete the form submission online. Before proceeding with the form filling, the candidates are advised to read and understand the instructions carefully so as to avoid wrong or incomplete form submission. Further, the form submission will NOT entitle any candidate for any seat via IPU CET 2019 exam.
Steps for form filling:
- The online form will have TWO parts – one for the submission of personal details, contact information and academic details of Class X and XII; and other for the fee payment, uploading the scanned images and fee submission.
- To begin with, the candidates need to log on to the official portal (the link will be made available once the exam is announced), and follow the link for online application.
- Click the button for “New Registration” and start with the form filling for IPU CET 2019.
- Initially, the candidates will be required to submit the following information:
Date of Birth
- Once these details have been submitted, he or she will receive their password on the registered Email ID and Mobile Number submitted in the previous step.
- The candidates are advised to keep the Email ID and Mobile Number active till the admissions are completed as they will be used for various things.
- Next, they have to use the password sent and login to the online account for IPU CET 2019. Then they are to submit the details such as
Marks in Class X and XII (if available)
- In the next step, the candidates will be asked to upload the scanned images of their signature and passport sized photo. The size and dimension specifications will be mentioned in the online form which MUST be followed by all the candidates. Failing to do so will lead to form rejection.
- Then, the candidates will have to submit the course choices they wish to study via IPU CET 2019. The last step will be to complete the fee remission as per the modes mentioned in the online form.
- The fee submission can be done via Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card or Bank Challan; as per the convenience of the candidate.
- Once the fee has been submitted, the candidates will be asked to verify the details submitted in the online form and complete the form submission.
- The completed form can be downloaded and MUST be saved by all the candidates for future usage.
- The application form will have a unique and system generated Application Number which will be used for all the communication till the IPU CET 2019 is over and for admission process.
More details, dates and exact links for the online form will be mentioned once the exam is announced.
Eligibility Criteria for IPU CET Exam
The eligibility criteria is a set of rules that are specified by the university for admissions in various courses and MUST be passed by all the applicants in order to be considered for admissions; the candidates failing to do so will be rejected summarily. Find the eligibility norms in the following section.
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII or any other equivalent exam from any recognized Board or University. This will be termed as the qualifying exam for IPU CET 2019.
- The candidates must have taken the above-mentioned exam in the subjects of Physics, Math and Chemistry (compulsory subjects) and secured at least 55% marks in aggregate. Further, they must have passed each one of them separately.
- Apart from these subjects, the candidates must have studied English as a compulsory subject in Class XII.
- The candidates that are going to take the Class XII in 2019 are also eligible for IPU CET 2019. These candidates will be given admissions only after they have submitted their Class XII mark sheets at the time of Counselling.
If any ineligible candidate takes the entrance exam and qualifies it, he or she will be detected at the document verification stage of the admission process and will be rejected.
IPU CET Exam Pattern 2019
The entrance exam will be a pen and paper based exam in which the candidates will be allotted a question paper and they have to mark the answers in an OMR answer sheet. The marking of answers is to be done by Black Ball Point pen ONLY and use of pencils etc is not allowed. Read other details on the pattern of IPU CET 2019 in the following section.
- Type of questions – MCQs
- Duration of exam – 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Total number of questions – 150
- Number of sections – 3 (PCM)
- Questions in each section – 50
- Total Marks – 600
- Marks carried by every question – 4
- Negative Marking – MINUS ONE for every wrong answer
The candidates should mark the answers carefully as once they have marked the answer in the OMR sheet, they will NOT be able to erase or modify it. Further, trampling, tearing or modifying the answer sheet is not allowed.