IBPS SO 2018: Prelim/ Main Notification, Application Form, Dates, Admit Card
IBPS SO 2018 official notification will be soon announce at www.ibps.in before end of October, 2018 (tentative). Student can start IBPS SO 2018 application form submission from 1st week of November 2018. IBPS SO 2018 is an online recruitment examination which is generally scheduled in December every year; last year it was organized on 30 and 31st December 2017. This recruitment examination is conducted for the selection of the specialist officers in the participating organizations. This recruitment procedure is organized by the Institute of banking personnel selection once in every year for the deserving and the eligible candidates. Qualified applicants will be then subsequently called for the interview round which is conducted by the participating organizations and coordinated by the nodal bank.
Table of Contents
IBPS SO 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Institute of Banking Personnel SelectionSpecialist Officer|
|Popularly Known as||IBPS SO 2019|
|Organized by||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Purpose||Offer Specialist Officer post|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based Test|
|Type of Exam||Banking Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Prelim Exam||29th and 30th December 2018|
|Main Exam||27th January 2019|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based Test|
|Type of Questions||Objective question|
|Negative Marking||For each incorrect answer 1/4 (0.25 marks) mark will be deducted|
There will be two written examination i.e. pre and mains which shortlists the aspirants for the common interview round. Get here the complete details regarding the IBPS SO 2018 Exam which includes the important dates, application form, exam pattern, admit card, eligibility, and result.
IBPS SO 2018 Exam Dates
It is important for the candidates to get updated with latest official dates so as not to miss any of important events. As no official schedule is yet announced thus we have mentioned the tentative dates are:
IBPS SO 2018 Important Dates
|Exam Event||Exam Dates (Tentatives)|
|Start of Online Registration||November 2018|
|Last Date of Online Application||November 2018|
|Payment of Online Fees||November 2018|
|IBPS SO Preliminary Exam||29th and 30th December 2018|
|IBPS SO Mains Exam||27th January 2019|
|Declaration of Result of Online Main Examination||February 2019|
|Conduct of interview||February 2019|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2019|
IBPS SO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates ought to go through the eligibility criteria of IBPS SO Exam 2018 so as to ascertain their eligibility. The aspirants must meet all the eligibility conditions so as to apply for this deemed recruitment examination. Read the eligibility conditions here.
Criteria 1: Nationality
If you want to apply then you must be the citizen of India or the subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
Criteria 2: Age
- Minimum Age: 20 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
Criteria 3: Education Qualification
- For IT Officer: the candidate should have 4 – years engineering and technology degree in CSE/ IT/ ET/ ECE
- For Rajbhashadhikari: PG in Hindi with English as one of the subject
- For Agriculture officer: 4 – years graduation in the agriculture stream is required.
- For Law officer: The applicant must hold the degree in law.
IBPS SO 2018 Application Form
The registration process for the Exam of IBPS SO 2018 is expected to commence in the month of November 2018. The applicant should submit the application form on or before the deadline. Before making any entry in the application form, the students should read the important instructions first. The applications are invited in the online mode only.
- The candidates need to register them first by furnishing the basic information and other information asked in the application form such as:
Mobile Number etc
- After submitting the information, you will get the registration number and password on the registered email id on the IBPS SO official website.
- Now, the applicant can log in with the given credentials so as to edit or modify the details in the application form if needed.
- The candidates will then have to upload the scanned photo and signature as per the specified guidelines.
- On uploading the images successfully, the applicants are required to choose the appropriate fee payment method and remit the application fee of Rs 600 (Rs 100 for the reserved category students)
- On the completion of the transaction, an e- receipt will be generated. The candidate should download the e – receipt and keep it safe for the future reference.
- The information entered in the application form should be correct and genuine and no editing will be allowed after the final submission.
IBPS SO 2018 Admit Card
The call letter for IBPS SO 2018 Exam will be released as per the notified schedule. This official document will be uploaded only for those applicants who have properly registered them on time. The admit card will be made available in the online mode and can be easily obtained by using the login credentials. This official document must be retained in the excellent condition as mutilated or distorted admit card is unacceptable by the invigilator. The admit card will be checked during the exam and at the time of interview (if selected). No aspirant will be allowed to take the exam in the absence of this official document.
IBPS SO 2018 Exam Pattern
Test Pattern is mandatory to know by the aspirants before appearing in the actual Exam of IBPS SO 2018. It outlines the essential exam related details such as mode of the exam, type and the language, time duration, marking scheme etc.
Mode: This is a computer-based online examination where the questions are presented on the computer screen.
For Pre Exam
- Sections: There will be THREE sections in the question paper.
- Language: The questions are bilingual in nature.
- Duration: 120 minutes or TWO Hours
- Type: The questions in the Exam of IBPS SO 2018 are objective in nature.
- There will be only one section i.e. professional knowledge
- 45 minutes will be given to complete the paper
- The entire paper will be of 60 marks.
IBPS SO 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus outlines the important topics and subtopics from which the questions will be asked in the exam paper. It is quite important to go through the syllabus before actually facing this deemed recruitment examination. No question will be set out of syllabus and thus students should go through this section and then commence their preparation. It includes:
- General Awareness (for law and Rahbhashadhikari)/ Quantitative Aptitude
IBPS SO 2018 Answer Key
No official answer key shall be released after the examination but the candidates can avail various unofficial answer keys that are released by the exam portals and experts. With the help of the unofficial answer key, one can estimate their scores in the exam, however; the final decision rests in the hands of the official exam authority.
IBPS SO 2018 Result
The result will be published soon after the completion of the Exam of IBPS SO 2018. The scores obtained by the candidates in the exam will be then normalized by applying equi-percentile method. The aspirant should qualify the pre exam will be then invited to join the main exam and interview so as to get the higher place in the merit list. The aspirant should be sufficiently high in the merit list to be shortlisted for the subsequent allotment process.
IBPS SO 2018 Cutoff
Cutoff can be described as the minimum marks which the candidates must have to obtain so as to move further in the selection process. The released cutoff will be the final one and no changes will be made in the same at the later stages. It will be available in the online mode and the candidates can easily check the same here soon after its availability.
IBPS SO Selection Procedure
In order to get recruitment as a specialist officer in any of the participating banks, the candidates need to qualify the selection procedure. There will be three stages include in this recruitment procedure i.e. prelims, main which is then followed by an interview round. Prelims IBPS SO 2018 exam has no role in the merit list as it is just conducted to select the candidates for the main examination.