GMAT 2019: Registration, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
GMAT 2019 is an MBA entrance examination conducted by graduate management admission council (GMAC) at international level. This exam is usually organized to select the eligible and deserving candidates and offer them admission in their desired management courses. It is conducted throughout the year. This exam is primarily a gateway to get admission in foreign business schools. GMAT 2019 is fair and reliable and is regardless of any native language.
Table of Contents
GMAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Popularly Known as||GMAT|
|Organized by||GMAC – Graduate Management Admission Council|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into MBA courses in foreign country’s institutions and Universities|
|Type of Exam||MBA Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Section||4 sections – Analytical Reasoning, Verbal, Quantitative and Integrated Reasoning.|
Graduate management aptitude test is the gold standard of graduate business admissions, trusted and preferred by more than 6000 schools worldwide. Taking the GMAT will surely open the gates to graduate business degree from a top global program. Read complete information regarding GMAT 2019 application form, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern.
GMAT 2019 Application Form
One can appear in GMAT exam up to 5 times and before appearing in the same, it is important to complete the registration process. The details you will enter while registering will be used until the end of the selection procedure hence it is advised to submit the information with extreme caution. Read the instructions very carefully and then proceed towards GMAT 2019 application procedure.
Step 1: Read the instructions and create GMAT account
- The candidates need to register them so as to fill the GMAT application form. In order to complete registration, one has to enter the required details such as
- Click on Create Account button so as to submit the details and generate their GMAT 2019 account. It is to be remembered that information once added can never be altered or edited later on.
Step 2: Fill out the application form and upload required images
- After completing the registration process, one needs to fill out the application form by furnishing the asked details such as gender, academic information, category, nationality etc. Fill in the details with extreme care as these details shall be used until the last of admission process of GMAT 2019.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. The file should meet the system’s requirements otherwise the candidate will fail to upload the same.
- Once you are done with the application form filling, hit the submit button and proceed towards the next step of the registration process.
Step 3: Pay the GMAT 2019 Registration Fee
- The candidates need to pay an amount of USD 250 so as to complete their application process towards the fee of GMAT 2019. This payment can be easily done through credit card, debit card, net banking etc. after completing the payment, the aspirants will get confirmation mail confirming their payment process.
- It is advised to take the print out of the application form and keep it safe and secure for the future reference.
Step 4: choose date and time of GMAT exam
- After completing the application form, the candidates can then select the date and time of the exam as according to his comfort and convenience.
- The aspirants and cancel and reschedule the same by logging into their account at anytime.
Eligibility Criteria for GMAT Exam
Before participating in the examination, it is advised to go through the eligibility criteria so as to know whether you are actually eligible for the exam or not. The eligibility criteria are basically the norms and conditions which are prescribed by the official exam authority to select the creamy layer of the candidate. GMAT 2019 eligibility criteria are mentioned here for the sake of candidate’s convenience.
- Aspiring candidate should at least have graduation degree from reputed and recognized university/ institute.
- In order to appear in GMAT 2019, the candidate must have completed the minimum age of 18 years.
- There is no upper age limit prescribed by the official authority.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2019
It is imperative to go through the exam pattern so as to understand the features of the entrance examination. It primarily comprises time duration, sections of the exam, the total number of questions, mode and type and marking scheme. The pattern of GMAT 2019 is mentioned here for the aspirants.
The exam will be conducted in the online mode where questions will be displayed on the computer screen and the candidates need to answer the same with the help of mouse.
Graduate management aptitude test (GMAT) consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in which multiple options are given to one question and the aspirant has to choose the right one.
3 hours and 30 minutes shall be given to the students so as to finish their GMAT exam. It is to be noted no extra time shall be allotted to any of the candidates under any circumstance. In order to complete your exam on time, reach the exam hall before or on reporting time so as to avoid such issues later on.
Number of Sections
The exam of GMAT 2019 comprises four sections namely
- Analytical writing assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
Distribution of questions
|Section||# of questions||Question Type||Timings|
|Analytical writing assessment||1 topic||Analysis of argument||30 minutes|
|Integrated reasoning||12 questions||Multi-source reasoning
|Quantitative||37 questions||Data Sufficiency
|Verbal||41 questions||Reading comprehension
- The candidates can select their order in which they want to answer the questions in GMAT 2019. The available orders are:
Analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative, verbal (original order)
Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical writing assessment
Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical writing assessment
- The candidate will receive five scores i.e. analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, verbal, quantitative and total. A new score now enables the candidate to feature his or her unofficial scores before deciding whether to accept them or cancel the same. The changes shall offer you more control of your score reporting. If you are not satisfied with your exam then you can cancel your score report and reschedule the exam. It is to be noted that the candidate can appear in GMAT for only up to 5 times.
- One can cancel his or her GMAT exam score within 72 hours of the cancellation period.
Other details on exam dates and important links for GMAT 2019 will be hosted here once the exam is announced.