CUSAT CAT 2019: Notification, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
CUSAT CAT 2019 Official Notification will be released on 1st week of February 2019 and on that date student will come to know CUSAT Application Form 2019 important dates and submission deadline. CUSAT common admission test is organized by Cochin University of science and technology so as to select the eligible and deserving students and impart them admission in their desired courses. The common entrance test exam usually conducts in the month of April every year and the application form for the same generally releases in the month February. Aspiring candidates who wish to participate in this exam are suggested to go through the eligibility criteria first then apply for the Exam of CUSAT 2019. The result for this exam is expected to be announced in the month of May 2019.
Table of Contents
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Popularly Known as||CUSAT CAT 2019|
|Organized by||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University|
|Exam Type||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into B.Tech and various PG courses.|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Age Criteria||20 years as on 1st July 2019 (22 years for SC/ST and OBC candidates).|
|Qualifying Exam||HSC/ 12th or its equivalent examination|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||2nd week of February|
|Exam Date||Last week of April|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Type of Questions||Objective questions|
|Negative Marking||1 negative marking for incorrect answer|
It should be remembered that this entrance exam is held to select the candidates for the next selection procedure and the final admission shall be given on the basis of merit and availability of seats. It should be noted this entrance exam is conducted for every other course except MBA. If the student wishes to get admission in MBA degree then the valid score of KMAT/ CAT/ CMAT is mandatory. Group discussion and personal interview will be conducted by the exam authorities so as to render the final admission. Get here the complete information regarding CUSAT 2019 application form, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|CUSAT CAT 2019 Notification||1st week of February 2019|
|Start of CUSAT CAT Online Registration||Second week of February 2019|
|Last date to fill CUSAT 2019 Application Form (without late fee)||Last week of February 2019|
|Application Form with late fee (Rs. 100)||First week of March 2019|
|Last date to fill Application Form with late fee||Second week of March 2019|
|Extended deadline for Application, fee payment for registered candidates||Second week of March 2019|
|CUSAT CAT 2019 Admit Card availability||Third week of April 2019|
|Last date to download hall ticket||Last week of April 2019|
|CUSAT CAT 2019 Test Date||4th week of April, 2019|
|Publication of CUSAT CAT 2019 Answer Key||First week of May 2019|
|Declaration of CUSAT CAT 2019 Result||Third week of May 2019|
|Publication of separate Rank List for B Tech Marine Engineering||Second week of June 2019|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Application Form
Ike the previous year, it is expected that the registration process will commence in the month of February. The actual dates shall be updated soon after the official announcement. It is advised that the candidates should see through important instructions first and only then take a step forward towards the application form. In order to complete the form, either the candidates can visit the official website of CUSAT or click the direct link which will be mentioned here soon after its activation. The detailed process of CUSAT 2019 registration process is mentioned here.
Step 1: Creating Login Id
- If you are a new user then create login id first by clicking on the link ‘New User Registration’.
- Enter the required details such as name, date of birth, gender, email, age etc. the information should be strict as per mentioned in the qualifying certificate.
- It is important to give valid email id and mobile number so as to complete this step of online registration for CUSAT 2019.
- This email id of the candidate will be used as user name for the further logins.
- Now, you have to select one out of 2 options i.e.
- Online registration for Indian citizens/ NRI
- International candidates/ PIO/ children of Indian gulf workers
- An OTP will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number of the aspirant. Candidate should login with registered mail id and OTP for the first time and change the password immediately.
- These credentials will be used till the end of the admission procedure of CUSAT 2019 and hence the candidates are advised to keep these credentials safe and secure.
Step 2: Filling of CUSAT CAT 2019 application form
- Now the candidates can log in with their mail id and newly created password and commence the application form filling.
- Enter the requisite information in the CUSAT 2019 application form such as gender, nationality, test center, academic information etc.
- Check these details very carefully as no modifications can be made after the final submission.
- Upload the scanned copy of images of photo and signature. It is necessary that scanned images should be as according to the system’s requirements otherwise it is will be immediately discarded.
- Click the submit button and proceed towards the next and final step of the application form filling for CUSAT 2019.
Step 3: Payment of CUSAT 2019 application fee
- Payment is the important and final step of the registration process.
- The candidates need to click on the option of online payment and proceed. Payment can be made either by credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- The aspirants need to submit Rs 1000 (Rs 500 for reserved categories) towards the fee of CUSAT 2019. This amount is mentioned as according to the previous information and is subjected to change as per the official authority’s decision. We will update the changes soon after any official announcement.
- Online payment ends the registration process. The candidates are advised to take the print out of the same and keep it safe and secure till the admission process is over.
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT Exam
Before filling the form, it is suggested to read the eligibility conditions first so as to determine your eligibility for the exam. Eligibility criteria are prescribed by the official authority of the exam and need to be satisfied by the aspiring candidates.
Norm 1: Academic Qualification
- The candidates must have passed bachelor degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks so as to apply for the Exam of CUSAT 2019.
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- In order to participate in this exam, it is important that the aspirant must have a valid score of CAT/ KMAT/ CMAT. Without this, the aspirant cannot apply for this selection procedure.
CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2019
CUSAT does not conduct any entrance exam for MBA admission and entertain the candidates with the valid score of CAT/ CMAT/ KMAT. Thus, for the sake of convenience, we have mentioned the basic pattern of these entrance examinations:
- Mode: These above – mentioned examinations are usually conducted in the computer-based online mode in which questions appear on the computer screen.
- Type: All of them are objective papers in which each question has 4 alternatives. In order to fetch marks, the candidate needs to select the appropriate one.
- Time Duration: Time duration of CUSAT 2019 will vary from one exam to another.
The candidates who have valid score of any of these examinations shall be called for group discussion and personal interview round. The official authority will then generate the merit list based on the candidate’s performance in these rounds. Final admission shall be granted on the basis of the merit list and availability of seats in the particular program. It is important to note that the CUSAT CAT 2019 selection procedure will only entertain those candidates who have passed any of these entrance exams.
The above information is as according to the previous year prospectus and thus likely to be changed as per official authority’s decision. We shall update the changes soon after any official notification.