CMAT 2019: Registration, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Pattern
CMAT 2019 official notification has been released All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). CMAT registration 2019 will start from 22nd October 2018 and will end on 15th December 2018. This exam is conducted every year so as to screen the deserving candidates and offers them admission in management courses. This is a national level test which is organized every year in the month of January as per the directions of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD).
Table of Contents
CMAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Common Management Admission Test|
|Popularly Known as||CMAT 2019|
|Organized by||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into all management programmes like PGDM, MBA and similar, PGCM & Executive PGDM programmes|
|Type of Exam||MBA Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||22nd October 2018|
|The issue of admit card||1st week of January 2019|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice type|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
CMAT 2019 Exam Date
|Exam Event||Important Date (Announced)|
|Availability of CMAT 2019 Registration||22nd October 2018|
|Last Date for CMAT Application Form 2019 Submission||15th December 2018|
|Availability of CMAT Admit Card 2019||1st week of January 2019|
|CMAT 2019 Exam Date||27th January 2019|
|The release of CMAT Answer Key 2019||1st week of February 2019|
|Publishing of Results||3rd week of February 2019|
CMAT 2019 Application Form
The application form for CMAT 2019 generally releases in the month of October every year. This is the first step towards this national level test. If you have an urge to appear in this examination then complete the registration before the deadline. The students are advised to keep the essential information ready before filling the application form. Registration for CMAT is a 3 – step process which is described here for the aspirant’s sake of convenience.
Step 1: Read instructions and Self-Registration
- The first time, you’ll enter as a NEW USER and thus it is advised to read the instructions very carefully. After reading the same, accept the declaration and then proceed for self – registration.
- Here, the candidate needs to submit the requisite details such as email id, mobile number, date of birth etc. Make sure that your entered information is correct and accurate.
- After verifying the details, click on submit button. It is to be noted that once you hit the submit button, you cannot edit or modify any of the entered information and these details will be used till the end of the admission procedure.
- Submitting these details will then generate 6 – digit unique password which you must have to remember till the end. This password will be shown on the system’s screen and also will be sent to your registered email id and mobile number.
- From now onwards, you can open your account with the help of this password and enter the further information.
Step 2: Payment Process
The candidate can accomplish the payment process in two methods namely online and offline. Both of them are illustrated here.
Mode 1: Online Payment
- The aspirant can select online payment mode and do the final payment through credit card/ debit card/ net banking. Once the payment is successfully done, you’ll get confirmation mail and SMS. Once you have received the confirmation mail, then you can easily proceed towards the next step of CMAT 2019 registration process.
Mode 2: Offline Payment
- If you are interested in offline payment then choose the option ‘payment by cash’ and pay the required amount at any branch of SBI bank. In order to accomplish this payment procedure, it is important to download challan which will be appeared on the screen. Take 3 print outs of this challan, fill the details wherever required and walk into the nearest branch of SBI bank. It is to be remembered that cash deposit will be accepted only from the next day of your challan generation.
- After the payment, the bank will give the stamped copy of challan with journal number. Wait for 48 hours as, during this time, your payment details will be uploaded in your registration panel. Then you can re-login and complete the registration process.
Step 3: Complete the application form
- Once you are done with payment, log in your account with that 6 digits unique password and complete the application form by entering the required details
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. The file size of the photo should not exceed 60 kb and the file size of the signature should not more than 30 kb. The signature should be done on white paper and the photo should be recent and must be taken in white background.
- Before leaving the page, it is suggested to check the entered information and make the necessary changes, if any.
- Accept the declaration by hitting I agree to button and go for the final submission. Once you click the submit button, no changes or modifications can be made later on.
- The aspirant can take out the print out of the CMAT 2019 application form and keep it safe and secure for the future use.
CMAT 2019 Application Fee
- The candidate will have to pay Rs 1400 + additional bank charges for general candidates. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category will have to pay Rs 700 + bank charges as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2019
The candidate can apply for the Exam of CMAT 2019 only and only if h/she is fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the official authority. The eligibility norms for this exam are described here.
- The candidate who is graduated in any discipline from a recognized university is eligible to apply for this exam.
- Final year aspirants of graduate courses whose result shall be announced before the commencement of admission for the academic year 2019 – 20 can also apply for this national level entrance examination.
Norm 2: Citizenship:
- In order to appear in this exam, it is imperative that the candidate must be the citizen of India.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2019
The test pattern for CMAT 2019 is illustrated here for the candidates. Let’s have a look.
3 hours (180 minutes) shall be given so as to complete the exam. No extra time shall be allotted under any circumstance.
No. of sections and questions:
The exam comprises of 4 sections and each section consists of 25 questions. The total number of questions is 100.
CMAT is a computer-based test in which you have to select the right answer with the help of the mouse.
Common management admission test is objective in nature in which multiple options are given for answers and you have to select the rightmost one.
Distribution of questions:
|Sections||Number of question||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative techniques and data interpretation||25||100|
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Steps to download CMAT 2019 Admit Card
CMAT 2019 hall ticket download link will get activated in the 1st week of January 2019. Only those candidate who has registered for CMAT 2019 exam successfully can download the admit card. The candidate can visit the official website of CMAT and log in with their email id and password to download hall ticket. They can only get their admit card through online medium only. Candidate wont be able to enter for examination without hall ticket.
How to Download Admit Card?
Following we have given few steps to download CMAT Hall Ticket 2019:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of CMAT 2019 and search for “Download Admit Card” link.
Step 2 – Enter your email id/username and password to login to your CMAT Account and preview your Admit Card details.
Step 3 – The CMAT admit card 2019 will be displayed on your screen. Click on ‘Download’ button to download it.
Note – We would request all candidate to take extra print out of their admit card for future references.