CLAT 2019 official notification will release in the 3rd week of December 2018. The exam of CLAT will be conducted by the National University of Advanced Legal Studies Kochi in the 2nd week of May 2019. The exam is conducted every year for admission in the 5-year integrated programs (BA LLB, B. Sc. LLB, BBA LLB, and B. Com LLB) in the 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) including the MNLU Mumbai, MNLU Nagpur and MNLU Aurangabad. CLAT 2019 is one of the most popular law entrance exams which are conducted every year. The exam is expected to be announced by the 3rd week of December 2018 and the application process is expected to start from the 1st week of January 2019.
Table of Contents
CLAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Popularly Known as||CLAT 2019|
|Organized by||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into undergraduate & postgraduate law programmes|
|Type of Exam||Law Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||1st January 2019|
|The issue of admit card||3rd week of April 2019|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice type|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks negative marking for incorrect answer|
CLAT 2019 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|CLAT 2019 Notification Release||3rd week of December 2018|
|CLAT 2019 Application Form Availability||1st January 2019|
|Last date for form submission||31st March 2019 (11:59 PM)|
|Downloading of CLAT 2019 Admit Card Starts||3rd week of April 2019|
|Date of CLAT Entrance Exam||12th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|CLAT 2019 Answer Key Release||3rd week of May 2019|
|Representation of questions or key||Till 3rd week of May 2019|
|Uploading of amended answer key (if required)||4th week of May 2019|
|CLAT 2019 Result/Merit List Declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|First Indicative Seat Allocation Publication||1st week of June 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee||Till 2nd week of June 2019|
CLAT 2019 Application Form
The application forms will be released online only and all the candidates have to complete the form filling and submission process online. The applications are expected to be released in the first week of January 2019. Find complete details on the application process in the following section.
- The online form submission will be done on the official exam website; the link for which will be made available here as soon as the exam is notified.
- On reaching the official webpage, the candidates will find the link labeled as “Apply CLAT Online”. Follow the link to reach the online form for CLAT 2019.
- Initially, the candidates will be required to submit the following information:
Date of Birth
- Then, the candidates will be sent password and login details on the Email ID and Mobile Number submitted in the previous step. This information is to be used by the candidate for logging in and completing the next step of online registration.
- Once the candidate login, they will be required to enter the personal details such as:
Academic Details of Class X and XII
Academic Details of UG level (if required)
Exam Centre Choice
State of Residence
Category and Sub-Category details
- Having submitted these details in the online form of CLAT 2019, the candidates will be required to upload the scanned images of their passport sized photo and signature. Without this, the online form submission will not be complete.
- The candidates are required to follow the guidelines for uploading the scanned images as well as other supporting documents so as to avoid form rejection at later stages.
- Then, the candidates are required to submit the form fee which can be done online as well as offline. The offline fee remission can be done via the Bank Challan which will be generated online only.
- The online fee remission will be done by the Net Banking and Credit/Debit Card.
- The details of offline fee remission viz. the transaction number is to be entered in the online form after the payment has been done. After that, the confirmation page for CLAT 2019 will be generated which can be downloaded and is to be kept safe until the completion of the admissions process.
- The expected form fee for the General, PwD, OBC, SAP and other categories will be around INR 4000 and for the SC and ST category candidates will be around INR 3500.
The candidates should note that only the eligible candidates will be considered for admissions. The ineligible candidates should not apply; as the fee once filled will not be refunded and they will be rejected the moment they are detected.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for eligibility for the UG integrated programs and PG Courses which is explained in the following section.
Eligibility norms for UG integrated courses:
- The candidates are required to have taken and passed the Class XII exam from a recognized Board or University.
- The candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in Class XII exam in order to be eligible for the exam. This percentage has been kept at 40% for the candidates of SC and ST categories.
- There will be no upper age limit to be eligible for CLAT 2019.
- The candidates that are going to take the Class XII exam in the year of the exam will also be eligible. Such candidates will be required to submit the exam results by the time of admission.
Eligibility norms for PG Courses:
- The candidates seeking admission in PG courses should have taken and passed the required UG course exam from a recognized University or institution.
- The candidates must have secured at least 55% marks (General, OBC, Specially Abled Persons) in the above-mentioned exam.
- As per the norms of eligibility of CLAT 2019, this percentage has been kept at 50% for the candidates of SC and ST categories.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will also be different for the UG and PG Courses. Find the details in the following section.
- CLAT 2019 will be held in online mode.
- There will be objective type questions in the exam with a weightage of 200 marks.
- Exam duration will be 2 hours.
- The language of question paper will be English.
- Every right answer will fetch 1 mark.
- Every WRONG answer will fetch 0.25 negative marks.
- There will be 5 sections in the question paper of CLAT 2019. Read the detailed break-up in the following point:
The exam will be held in online mode.PG Courses Exam Pattern:
- MCQs will be asked. The exam will carry 150 marks.
- Exam duration will be2 hours.
- The question paper will be drafted in the English language.
- Every right answer will fetch ONE mark and every wrong answer will fetch negative marks equal to 0.25 marks.
- The detailed break-up of questions:
|English including Comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
Other details on the exam will be hosted once the exam is announced.