CAT 2019 – Application Form, Exam Dates
CAT i.e. Common Admission Test is one of the reputed entrance examinations in the country. This exam is conducted with the purpose of offering admissions to the management courses in the institutes throughout the country. This national level entrance examination is organized every year by one of the IIMs on a rotational basis. CAT 2019 Exam is supposed to be held in November 2019.
Aspiring candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria and determine their eligibility status. Qualified candidates will be then called for the further admission rounds; however, mere appearance in the admission process doesn’t guarantee admission to any of the professional courses. Go through the article and find all relevant details regarding the exam such as important dates, exam pattern, application form, and result.
Table of Contents
|Apply for BTech Program at Manipal Institute of Technology -|
|SRMJEEE BTech Admission 2019 Opens -|
|Looking for Engineering Admission 2019 Join Amrita University -|
|UPES B.Tech Admissions Open for 2019 BATCH -|
|Chandigarh Fast Track Admission 2019 -|
CAT 2019 Exam Dates
The official authority hasn’t made any announcement regarding the exam schedule and, therefore, we have mentioned
|The beginning of the online registration||August 2019|
|The last date to apply||September 2019|
|Availability of the admit card||October 2019|
|Exam Date||November 2019|
|The announcement of the result||January 2020|
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All eligibility terms and conditions are mentioned here for the candidate’s sake of convenience. The applicants are required to go through the same and check their eligibility status.
Norm 1: Educational Qualification
- The candidates must hold a bachelors degree from the recognized college or institute with a minimum of 50% (45% for the reserved category students) aggregate marks.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year of the graduation can also apply for the Exam of CAT 2019.
Norm 2: Age Factor
- There is no age restriction to apply for this deemed entrance exam.
CAT 2019 Application Form
Applications to the CAT will be available and submitted in online mode only. The applicants are required to read the important instructions first and only then commence the online registration process. The application form must be submitted on or before the deadline as the late form is liable to be rejected. Also, it is mandatory to fill all fields in the application form otherwise it will be treated as incomplete. Multiple forms from the same applicant will lead to the rejection of the candidatureship. Step by step process to complete the application form is provided here.
- First of all, the candidates need to register themselves by adding the asked information. Also, the applicants need to choose 4 exam centers in this step.
- After the successful registration, the candidates can then proceed towards the application form filling. At this step, the applicants are required to add their basic details, communication info, academic details, and other asked information.
- Then, they need to upload the scanned images of the document such as photogram, signature and category certificate as per the specifications.
- Proceed to make the payment of the application fee via available payment modes.
- On completion of these steps, the applicants are suggested to take the print of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future reference.
|For General and OBC||Rs 1900|
|For SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs 950|
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- The Exam of CAT 2019 will be held in the computer-based mode.
- The number of sections: 3
- Time limit: 3 hours (1 hour for each section)
- Type of questions: MCQs and TITA
- The total number of questions: 100
- For the right attempt: +1 mark
- For the wrong attempt: -1 mark for MCQ and 0 marks for TITA type questions
CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for this reputed exam will be made available in the online mode and the candidates can easily obtain the same by using their login details. In the absence of this document, the candidate’s entry shall be restricted. It contains the important information about the exam and the candidate. It should be kept safe until the admission procedure is over. The candidates need to show their admit card to the invigilator whenever asked. Also, the candidates must take one photo id proof along with the admit card at the exam venue.
CAT 2019 Result
The result will be announced soon after the Exam of CAT 2019 and the candidates can easily check the same in the online mode. No changes will be made in the declared result and it must be accepted by all. Based on the students’ performance in the exam, a merit list will be prepared and published in the online mode and the qualified candidates shall be called for the further admission rounds.