CAT 2018: Application Form Correction, Admit Card Download
CAT 2018 official notification will be announced in the 4th week of July 2018. It is the national level entrance examination which is usually conducted in the month of November every year. It is an organized Indian institute of management (IIM) so as to screen the candidates and to offer them admissions in management courses. It is a computer based test which is held at the national level. The scores of CAT exam are generally accepted by almost all business schools in the nation. It is to be noted that the official authority of exam i.e. IIM has no role in the selection process of non – IIMs. Get here the complete information regarding application form, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern
Table of Contents
CAT 2018 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Common Admission Test|
|Popularly Known as||CAT 2018|
|Organized by||IIM Calcutta|
|Administered by||Indian Institute of Management|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to students in postgraduate management programmes (MBA)|
|Type of Exam||MBA Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||2nd week of August 2018|
|Application Correction Window starts from||4th to last week of September 2018|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice type and Subjective type|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
CAT 2018 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|CAT 2018 official notification released||July 29, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Online registration starts||August 8, 2018|
|Last date for registration||September 19, 2018|
|CAT Application correction||September 27- September 30, 2018|
|CAT Admit card 2018 release||October 24 – November 25, 2018|
|Mock Test Release||4th week of October 2018|
|CAT Exam date||25th November 2018|
|Answer key & question paper release||1st week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit objection||2nd week of December 2018|
|CAT 2018 Result announcement||Second Week of January 2019|
CAT 2018 Application Form
CAT 2018 Application Form will be released probably in August 2019. The application process comprises three main steps namely:
- Make registration so as to get user id and password
- Login with system generated id and password.
- Complete the application form and make the online payment.
Let’s get to know about these steps in a bit detail.
Step 1: Make Registration
- Visit the official website and click “registration for new user” tab so as to create your user profile.
- In order to get registered, enter the following details:
Name of the candidate
Date of Birth
- After submitting these details, click on a button “generate OTP”.
- This button will direct you to captcha filling and after then OTP is sent to your mobile number.
- It is to be noted that these entries cannot be changed afterward and thus make sure that you have entered the correct information.
- To verify the mobile number, enter the OTP received and click on the tab so as to validate that OTP.
- After validating, you can submit the registration form and get the password on your mobile number and user id on your email address.
- After this, a declaration box will be generated and you have to click on I agree on the final registration.
- Within minutes, you’ll get CAT 2018 login details on the registered number and mail. This ends step 1 of CAT 2018 Application Process.
Step 2: Login to CAT website
- By using the system generate-id and password, the candidate can log in as existing user and fill the application form.
- Enter your login credentials and open your id at any time so as to submit the required details.
Step 3: Complete the Application Form and make the online payment
- Come to the next step in which you have to enter the required details in the Application Form of CAT 2018.
- It is categorized into the following 5 sections namely:
- It is advised to read the instructions first before filling the application form.
- In the first section, enter your personal details such as Father’s name, gender, category, nationality, communication address, photo, and signature.
- Scanned images should not be more than 80kb in size. They should be with the minimum resolution of 150 px/ inch.
- Next is to enter your academic details which include 10th class details, 12th class details, graduation details etc.
- In the third section of the application form, the candidates need to fill his work experience details (if any).
- In the next section, one can select the number of programs and the interview city for that program. Apart from this, the candidate will also choose exam city preference.
- Last but not least is the online payment section. After completing payment, the candidate will have to preview the application form, click on the declaration box and then do the final submission.
- After the successful transaction, you’ll also get payment successful message with the transaction number.
CAT Application Fee:
- The candidates need to pay Rs 1800 (Rs 900 for SC/ST/PWD) through credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ cash card and wallet.
- The final amount shall include some additional charges.
|Services||Transaction processing Fee|
|Credit Card (Visa/ master)||1.20%|
|Credit Card (Amex/ Diners Club)||2.85%|
|Debit Card (Visa/ Master/ Rupay)||0.75% for value up to Rs 2000
1 % for value more than 2000
|ATM cum Debit Card||0.75% for value up to Rs 2000
1 % for value more than 2000
|Net Banking||Rs 18 per transaction for HDFC SBI, Axis, ICICI
Rs 15 for rest of the banks
|Cash Card and Wallet||1.75%|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT MBA Exam
The Eligibility criteria for CAT 2018 are mentioned here for the candidates. It is advised to go through the same and check whether you are eligible for this exam or not.
- The aspirant must hold a bachelor degree from any recognized university or institute with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in the case of SC/ ST/ PWD candidates)
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply. However, if these candidates, if selected, will be permitted to join the program if they submit the certificate from their principal of their university stating that they have completed their degree from that university/ institute.
CAT Exam Pattern 2018
It is advised to go through the exam pattern of CAT 2018 at least once so as to get the in-depth details of the same. It comprises of time duration, the number of sections, mode, type, marking scheme etc. the exam pattern is mentioned here for the student’s sake of convenience.
- CAT 2018 is a computer-based test in which questions and answers will be displayed on the computer screen and the candidates need to select the right answer with the help of mouse.
Type of Questions:
- This exam is objective in nature in which four options will be given against every question and the candidate needs to choose the right one.
- Apart from this, the exam also contains some non-MCQs. Each section carries some non-MCQs but the number is not fixed.
Number of Sections:
- There are 3 sections in exam namely:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
- 3 hours shall be provided to each and every candidate so as to complete the exam. No extra time will be allotted under any situation.
- 60 minutes or 1 hour will be given to complete one section.
Total Number of Question:
- The exam comprises of 100 questions in total.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT Exam Marking Scheme:
- For each correct answer (whether MCQ or non-MCQ), the aspirant will get 3 marks.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3 of the total marks i.e. 1 mark will be deducted
- No negative marking is involved for the non-Objective type questions.
CAT 2018 Admit Card Details
CAT admit card 2018 will be released by the 4th week of October 2018 on the iimcat.ac.in website. Only those candidate who has successfully register for CAT 2018 exam and paid application fees will be able to download hall ticket. Download of CAT Hall Ticket 2018 will be available online through online mode.
Candidates will download the admit card by entering their Application No. /User ID and Password
CAT 2018 hall ticket consists of details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center on the day of the examination.
CAT 2018 Result
The result of common admission test i.e. CAT is usually announced in the month of January. This exam will be held in two sessions and in order to ensure fairness and equity, the scores of candidates shall be subjected to the process of normalization. The scaled scores obtained by this process shall be converted into percentiles so as to shortlist the candidates.