BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern has been designed by the official board of the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani. It is a CBT test i.e Computer base test, which means the candidate has to sit in front of a computer and answer the question paper through online. Candidate can choose their preferred center, the day and the time to take the BITSAT 2019 test. If the candidate passes this examination, he/she could get admission in BITS campuses for B.Tech and B.Pharma courses. BITSAT exam shall be conducted from May 2019 through online mode for admissions at the 3 campuses of BITS – Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
Table of Contents
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam Mode: BITSAT 2019 is an online exam.
Exam Duration: 3 hours.
Exam Slot: Exam will be conducted in two slots, i.e. 9:00 AM – 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Type of Question: BITSAT will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks.
Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. No marks will be awarded for not attempted questions.
Language: English language.
Number of Questions: 150 questions.
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning and Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharma candidates).
Sections: The question paper will be divided into the following four sections.
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning|
|Part IV||Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)|
BITSAT 2019 Marks Distribution
|Parts||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part III||English Proficiency
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
Also, check out BITSAT eligibility criteria
Important Points of BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
No Time limit for a particular section –
- The candidate has 3 hours to complete the test, there is no particular time limit for the individual section.
- The candidate can go back and change any of their selected answers among the 150 questions.
Early Finish gets 12 question extra –
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), they will have an option of attempting 12 extra questions, only if there is still time left.
- These extra questions will be from following subject Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only.
- If the candidate has opted to answer those extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
BITSAT 2019 Application Form shall start from 3rd week of December 2018.