According to the previous notification, BITSAT 2019 Application Form might be released from the 3rd week of December 2018. The correction window for this engineering exam begins in the 3rd week of March 2019. BITSAT is an engineering exam which is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani. It is popularly known as Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. This engineering exam is conducted to offer admission in various engineering, science and pharmacy courses at Pilani campus, K.K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus of BITS. Bachelor of Engineering, B.Pharma & M.Sc courses is few of courses available at BITS Pilani.
Table of Contents
BITSAT 2019 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test|
|Popularly Known as||BITSAT 2019|
|Organized by||Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani|
|Exam Type||State Level Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into BE, B.Pharma & M.Sc courses in various specializations|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode (CBT)|
|Age Criteria||No Age Limit|
|Qualifying Exam||HSC/ 12th or its equivalent examination|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||3rd week of December 2018|
|Exam Date||3rd week to last week of May 2019|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test mode|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
BITSAT Application Form 2019 shall release in the 3rd week of December 2018. Interest candidate can check out all relevant details about BITSAT 2019 engineering exam such as eligibility, application form, exam dates and other latest news on this page.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|BITSAT online application form releases||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of March 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 Correction form||3rd week of March 2019|
|Test centers allotment||3rd week of March 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 Slot Booking||4th week of March 2019|
|The release of Hall Ticket||2nd week of April 12 to3rd week of May 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam||Third to 4th week of May (9 AM to 12 Noon and 2 PM to 5 PM)|
|The announcement of BITSAT Results||Third week of May 2019|
|Apply for admissions with class XII marks||3rd week of May 2019 to3rd week of June 2019|
|Registration for BITSAT Counselling||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Deadline to receive completed application form online with fee||Third week of June 2019|
|Admit List and Wait for List Announcement after Iteration 1||Third week of June 2019 (5 PM)|
|Admission after Iteration II||Fourth week of June 2019 (5 PM)|
|Admission after Iteration III||Second week of July 2019 (5 PM)|
|Admission after Iteration IV||Third week of July 2019 (5 PM)|
|Admission after Iteration V||Fourth week of July 2019|
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
BITSAT 2019 application form shall be released in the 3rd week of December 2018. The last date to apply for BITSAT shall fall near 2nd week of March 2019. Below we have given few key points related to exam application form:
- The registration process for BITSAT 2019 exam will be done through Online mode only.
- One application form will be allocated to each candidate, So please fill the form carefully.
- Candidate needs to fill all their personal and academics details in the application form correctly.
- After filling all the details, candidates need to upload their signature and passport size.
- Size of the photo should be 4 KB to 50 KB and signature size should be 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Candidate needs to select three test center preference after the form is filled.
- The application fees can be paid through the online and offline medium.
We would recommend all candidate to keep an extra print out with them for future use.
BITSAT Application Fee:
- The application fee for BITSAT 2019 is non-refundable.
- Candidate can pay fees through debit or credit card and net banking.
- Candidate can also pay cash by generating Pay-in-Slip option.
|Boys||Rs 2950||Rs 4500|
|Girls||Rs 2450||Rs 4500|
Correction for BITSAT 2019 Application Form
BITSAT 2019 Correction starts 3rd week of March 2018. As per the notification, application form submission starts from 3rd week of December 2018 and till the end of March 2019. The application correction window facility is for those candidates who have made the error in their application form. This would be their last opportunity to fill the form correctly. They must fill the all the mandatory details correctly as per the guidelines of BITSAT information brochure.
Following are the steps, the candidate can use for correction:
Step 1 – Candidate needs to visit the official website of BITSAT 2019 and log in through their application no. and email id.
Step 2 – Click the edit option to make the correction in your BITSAT application form.
Step 3 – Review all the details thoroughly, as it would your last opportunity to make any correction.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT Exam
BITSAT eligibility criteria have been finalized by the official board of BITS Palani. Following we have mentioned all important key point required to apply for BITSAT Exam:
Education Qualification :
- Candidate should have cleared their 10+2 (12th Board Exam) in the year 2018 can apply for this exam.
- The candidate who belongs to B.Pharma course should have 10+2 degree with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects mandatory.
- The candidate who belongs to other courses except B.Pharma should have passed in their 10+2 exam. For those candidate Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics should be mandatory in 10+2.
Appearing Candidate :
- Students appearing for their 10+2 exams in the year 2019 are also eligible to apply for BITSAT 2019 exam.
Minimum Marks :
- Candidate must be obtained 75% marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) or PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) subjects and 60% marks each in other subjects.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2019
The exam pattern for BITSAT 2019 is formatted by Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani. Following we have given key points of BITSAT exam pattern for the year 2019:
Exam Mode: BITSAT 2019 exam will be conducted only through computer-based online mode (online) medium.
Language: This engineering exam will be conducted on in the English language.
Duration: 3 Hours
Subjects: BITSAT exam will comprise of four subjects, i.e. physics, chemistry, English proficiency & logical reasoning and Mathematics or Biology.
Marking Scheme: 3 Marks added for each correct answer and 1 Marks deducted for each incorrect answer.
Types of Questions: BITSAT Exam is based on Multiple Choice Questions.
No. of questions: There will be a total of 150 questions. Distribution of questions as per subjects are given below:
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT syllabus is based on the syllabus of 11th & 12th standard. We recommend you to follow NCERT books to prepare for the BITSAT 2019. It will comprise subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. Following we have given the table of topics covered in BITSAT 2019 syllabus:
|Physics – Part 1||Chemistry – Part 2||Mathematics – Part 3||Biology – Part 4|
|Units & Measurement||States of Matter||Algebra||Diversity in Living World|
|Kinematics||Atomic Structure||Trigonometry||Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function|
|Newton’s Laws of Motion||Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure||Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry||Genetics and Evolution|
|Impulse and Momentum||Thermodynamics||Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry||Structure and Function – Plants|
|Work and Energy||Physical and Chemical Equilibria||Differential calculus||Structure and Function – Animals|
|Rotational Motion||Electrochemistry||Integral calculus||Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants|
|Gravitation||Chemical Kinetics||Ordinary Differential Equations||Reproduction and Development in Humans|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||Surface Chemistry||Ordinary Differential Equations||Ecology and Environment|
|Oscillations||Hydrogen and s-block elements||Vectors||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Waves||p-d-and f-block elements||Statistics||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons||Linear Programming||–|
|Current Electricity||Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen||–|
|Magnetic Effect of Current||Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry|
|Electromagnetic Induction||Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
Note: Questions in the English section will be asked from Grammar, Composition, Verbal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Reading, Comprehension, Non-verbal Reasoning, Vocabulary.
Important Topics for BITSAT 2019
For Physics :
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Wave Motion
- Current Electricity
For Chemistry :
- Chemical Bonding
- Atomic Structure
- p-block Elements
- Carboxylic Acid & its Derivates
- Mole Concepts
- General Organic Chemistry
For Mathematics :
- Coordinate Geometry
- Straight Lines
How to download BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
BITSAT Admit Card download link will get activated 2nd week of April to 2nd week of May 2019. The candidate has to book BITSAT 2019 slot booking to download their admit card. Following are few important points regarding the admit card:
- BITSAT admit card will be released on the official website i.e. bitsadmission.com.
- The slot booking process with start from the 4th week of March to 1st week of April 2019.
- To download admit card, candidates need to enter their application no. and date of birth.
- Only those candidate could download the admit card who have successfully registered their application.
- In case, the candidate finds any error in their admit card, they have to inform the authority.
- Details such as candidate’s name, exam date & timing, exam venue, etc. will be mentioned in your admit card.
- It is mandatory to carry their hall ticket at the exam time. Without admit card candidates are not allowed to sit for the exam.